3D DIGITAL SMILE DESIGN
Today, having a mouth free of biological and functional problems is not enough! Patients want beautiful smiles that are integrated with their physical characteristics, but also in harmony with its emotional aspects.
Digital Smile Design(DSD) presents a new face of dentistry, more human, emotional and artistic, further enhancing our ability to create the most healthy, natural, and beautiful smile!
The DSD concept aims to assist the dentist and patient alike in 3 aspects:
- Improved Planning and Design of an Aesthetic Smile.
- Improved communication between the dentist and the patient; thereby increasing the participation in the design process of your own smile.
- Educate patients about the benefits of treatment.
For decades, dental clinicians have sought to harmonize the shapes of the teeth with the entire face based on parameters such as gender, personality, and age; however, truly successful results have been elusive. Modern dentistry must meet the aesthetic expectations of our most demanding patients. To achieve this type of result, the modern dentist needs to go beyond just being a good professional.
1. With the DSD concept each patient goes through a quick 3D digital study process with video and pictures in our onsite dental studio.
2. We study the results of the patient talking and acting naturally and based on this we choose the form and size of the new teeth through Visagism.
The Visagism concept helps dental clinicians provide restorations that account not only for esthetics, but also for the psychosocial features of the created image, which affect patients’ emotions, sense of identity, behavior, and self-esteem. These factors, in turn, affect how observers react to patients following treatment.
3. The new smile proposal made with acrylic over the real teeth is tried on, the patient can smile, talk, and evaluate if the new smile is filling their aesthetic expectations, at this moment all is completely changeable as we are not touching the real teeth. DSD brings true visualization into focus for the patient allowing them to see the result of the restoration before treatment commences.
Interested in a Smile Makeover?
Schedule a free virtual consultation with one of our patient coordinators so that you can discuss your needs, answer any questions regarding the treatment, and any other details so that Dr. Barquero can create a personalized treatment plan for you.
To schedule your All On 4 assessment call us at +011(506) 7131-0458 today, or fill the form to get in touch with you.